The GeoPlatform Portfolio Model is the information model of business objects representing the assets of a geospatial portfolio. View more information about the Portfolio Model.
GeoPlatform.gov performs user and application authentication and authorization using OAuth 2.0 (with OpenID Connect) based workflows for these reasons:
- Integrates both authentication and authorization functions.
- Can be used for handling authentication and authorization of both users (human-machine) and applications (machine-machine).
- Established, strong security practices around OAuth 2.0.
- Designed to function at Internet-scale across domains, networks, cloud services, and applications.
- Widely accepted standard, with many libraries and helpers for a variety of languages and platforms.
The GeoPlatform API provides open access to the business objects of the
Get started using the GeoPlatform API in your own application using the sample application walkthrough. The guide walks you through building a simple AngularJS application that queries the GeoPlatform and displays results.